Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bread Pudding

I love love love dessert! One of my favorite desserts while working at Golden Island was bread pudding. During my lunch break I would relax and enjoy a good serving of bread pudding with some vanilla ice cream. I tried a slightly modified recipe today. Normally I would use milk, but today I used half and half instead. Making and eating this bread pudding reminds me of the good old days waitressing at Golden Island :) This dessert is very inexpensive and easy to make. Good luck and enjoy!

Ingredients

  • 8 slices day-old bread (I left my bread out on a plate to stale before work and used it at night)
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 2 cups milk
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
Step 1
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). While your oven is preheating, break bread into small pieces into an 8 inch square baking pan (I used a rectangular 8 by 11 in. pan, so I added a couple more slices of bread). If desired, sprinkle with raisins (which I did ^.^).


Step 2
In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture. Let it sit for about 5 minutes before going in the oven to ensure that all that liquid gets soaked up into your bread.


Step 3
Depending on the strength of your oven, bake (in preheated oven) for approximately 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped. Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes before serving.


Serve warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired. This is optional, but you could also drizzle a little bit of chocolate sauce on top of the bread pudding and ice cream. And there you have it in 3 easy steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment